The journal includes printed scientific articles, reviews, and research notes on the broader issues of political and historical geography. The authors provide a computer printout editorial article and its electronic version (Word for Windows, figures in CorelDraw). All articles are subject to editorial review. The article, in addition to the main text (with footnotes), should comprise of: title of the article in Polish language, key words in Polish, abstract (summary up to 1.5 page) and key words in English, as well as information about the author (degree, name and surname, affiliation).
Preferred parameters of the printed article
- Card format A-4, sided printing;
- Core text written in Times New Roman, size 12, with 1.5 line spacing;
- Margins: 2.5 cm;
- Footnotes – at the bottom of text in continuous Arabic numbering (in a footnotes please do not put the bibliography);
- Tables – with the numbering of the author, the title above the table; explanations and sources of data below the table;
- Drawings – in electronic version, with continuous Arabic numbering and titles at the bottom.
- in the article text please use the Harvard referencing system (surname of the author and the date of publication in brackets, without the comma and initial of the name, e.g. Koter 1969);
- do not place the biographic notes in the footnotes;
- bibliography should be placed at the end of the article in alphabetical order: surname of the author, initial of the name, year, title, place of publication (e.g. Sobczyński M., 2000, Zróżnicowanie postaw politycznych mieszkańców Łodzi, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Łódź).
The original (reference) version of the Studies of political and historical geography is the printed version.